Monday, September 17, 2012


I thought I'd do a post about my hair color since I get a lot of questions about it. Here's my current color-it's the same thing I've had the past couple months. It's pretty much just a warm brown. It's reddish when there's 
decent lighting, and plain golden brown in crappy ligh.

No flash...i flipped my hair over my face because it was quicker than getting another pic of the back of my head. Sexy huh...

It's a box of light golden brown
Revlon Colorsilk in Light Golden Brown

That's all there is to that. It's pretty low maintenance since it's not a really light or bright color. I might stick to this shade for a while. I just touch up my roots and leave the rest of my hair alone since it's had more than enough chemical processing.
My hair was dyed with permanent black dye so I had no choice. Just dyeing it with regular dye would have done nothing. I used Revlon Frost and Glow in Honey to lighten a few sections at a time...I didn't feel comfortable bleaching the whole thing at once. I highlighted some large sections, then did some more a few days later. That lightened most of my hair to a nasty orange. Then I dyed my hair with a medium ash blonde...that killed most of the icky orangeness. 

I think that's it. If any of that doesn't make any sense, feel free to ask whatever.

No comments: