Tuesday, November 1, 2011

my great perhaps.

When you left tonight, I thought about you in the shower afterward (as I always do when you leave). I thought about us and how much I don't want us to ever end this beautiful relationship we've created. I thought about why I was so determined to never be anything but yours.The truth is that it is not because I can't live without you. That's not true.
It's because I don't want to live without you, and this is why that matters.You can't live without oxygen. You simply can't. Without it, you are dead. When you breathe, you are alive. However, you are not living. You are just existing. If I couldn't live without you, I'd be alive, but neither of us would be living. We would simply... You can live without a lot of things. But you can certainly want them over all other things because you know they will bring a wonderful light and brilliance into your life. You are like a great adventure that I certainly could live without, but good God, it'd be absolutely awful and empty without it. You are my great perhaps. You are an unforgettable experience that my life would be very lacking without. You are a journey that I will grow from for the rest of my life.I would rather want this than need it. And I want you to stay with me and be my best friend and true love for as long as we know it feels right.
I love you so very much.

No comments: